Barbecued Wild Duck
"Our three grown sons still request this finger-licking dish each fall," says Gloria Wedo of Slayton, Minnesota. "Basting with the homemade barbecue sauce keeps the poultry nice and moist."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 2 wild ducks (1 pound each), split in half
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place ducks in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Baste ducks
- with sauce during the last 30 minutes of baking time. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 306 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,148 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.