Barbecued Wild Duck Recipe
- 2 wild ducks (1 pound each), split in half
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place ducks in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Baste ducks with sauce during the last 30 minutes of baking time. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 306 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,148 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Wild Duck
"This is amazing!! It is so easy to make. This was the first duck recipe I have tried and had a friend over to test it out. We ate the whole thing!!!"
"I thought this sauce was amazing! I think next time instead of using the duck as whole, I would just cook the breast and smother it in the sauce. Very yummy!!"