- long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using
- a drip pan. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together. Rub
- remaining oil over skin of turkey. Sprinkle salt and remaining
- pepper over turkey and inside cavity.
- Place turkey over drip pan; grill, covered, over indirect medium heat
- for 1 hour. Brush with some of the sauce mixture. Grill 1-1/2 to 2
- hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting
- frequently with remaining sauce. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes
- before carving. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2
- cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 709 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 1,451 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 73 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now