At banquets, church dinners and even wedding buffets, this tantalizing turkey is a "must" for the table. It was a hit with the 100-plus guests at our family reunion. I've served it with cheesy potatoes and assorted summer salads. It's a snap to fix ahead of time and keeps well in the freezer.
- 1/2 cup grapefruit or citrus soda
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soda, soy sauce, oil, garlic powder and horseradish. Add turkey slices. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill turkey, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Turkey Slices in Country Woman May/June 2001, p33
Reviews for Barbecued Turkey Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2009
"I thought the incredients in this marinade were so odd, but wow, the flavor was great! Definitely a keeper!"