Barbecued Turkey Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Roll dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a 14-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly.
- 4. Spread barbecue sauce over crust. Layer with half of the turkey, corn, onion, green pepper, garlic and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 366 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Barbecued Turkey Pizza
"Not everyone owns a bread machine. These instructions are sadly limiting."
"Great recipe! We make it often and always a hit!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.