Barbecued Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) turkey chili with beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until heated through and flavors are blended. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Barbecued Turkey Chili(4)
Sort By :
I have made this several times. If you are looking for a homemade chili, this may not be for you, but it's a great "quick to put together" crock pot meal.
Attn: morebiscotti ... Check the source of this recipe. It's from our Quick Cooking... so it's not indicative of the typical recipe you'll find here.
I'm sorry but a bunch of canned goods is NOT what I call home cooking. I thought this site was about making food the REAL Way, from scratch.
This chili was ok, but I didn't care for the taste of the barbecue sauce in it. Also, when I added the canned turkey chili, (I added 2 cans) as I couldn't find turkey chili with beans, so I added turkey chili (minus the beans) and I'm glad I did, or there would of been too many beans in this chili, and not enough meat. I recommend adding 1 lb. of cooked turkey to this recipe, (it needs more meat) and be sure to add 2 cans of the turkey chili, but with out the beans. The kidney beans and chili beans are enough beans for this recipe. If I decide to make this again, I will skip adding the barbecue sauce, and add some chopped onion, and add whole tomatoes, (cut-up) rather than adding diced canned tomatoes (it's just a preference). One more thing, I did not cook this on high for 4 hours, but rather on low between 5-6 hours. The 4 hours on high I think would of scorched this chili.
More Recipe Collections
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Simple Chili Recipes >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >
- Slow Cooker Chili >
- Slow Cooker Chili Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Stews >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >