Barbecued Taco Salad
Don't expect the typical spicy flavor of other taco salads. Barbecue sauce makes this version a little sweeter, which is a pleasant surprise to everyone who tries it. - Kathie Brown, Fredericktown, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in cheese sauce, barbecue sauce and
- chili powder. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Place each lettuce leaf on a plate. Top with shredded lettuce, beef
- mixture, tomatoes and corn chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 6
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.