- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan. In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1 minute or until tender.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and honey. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Stir in strawberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Barbecued Strawberry Chicken
"Very good! Needed to cook longer than the time in the recipe."
"I cut this recipe in half for just my husband and I and we loved it! I had never browned chicken before, but this turned out so well! The chicken came out of the oven very juicy and tender. I didn't have an oven-safe skillet, so I did everything in a normal skillet, then transferred it all to an 8x8 dish (w/ the bottom greased with butter). It took a bit longer than I think it normally would have, but nothing too crazy. The strawberries really brought out the balsamic flavor. I will definitely make this again!"
"Oh, baby! This was good stuff! The sauce was excellent, and the chicken was very tender. I saved the leftover sauce to use on something else. I couldn't bring myself to throw it out!"
"We loved this!!! The flavor is great! And it looks fancy but is so easy to make!"
"We like dark meat, so I made this with thighs. I adjusted the baking time to allow for thicker bone-in pieces and it was an instant success."