Barbecued Sticky Ribs Recipe
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 pounds pork spareribs (2 racks)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Combine garlic powder, salt and pepper; rub onto both sides of ribs. Place in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes; drain. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over ribs. Bake 50-60 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting occasionally. Cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 475 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 860 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.