Barbecued Sticky Ribs Recipe
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 pounds pork spareribs (2 racks)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine garlic powder, salt and pepper; rub onto both sides of ribs. Place in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes; drain. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over ribs. Bake 50-60 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting occasionally. Cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Barbecued Sticky Ribs(10)
Sort By :
The sauce really did need more flavor. I tried to add flavor with brown sugar, honey and a touch of cayenne, but still just didn't seem to be enough. We also grilled it since the weather was so nice. Maybe if the rub had more spice it might have worked. Not bad, but not great.
The ribs were delicious, but the sauce was lacking, didn't even taste like barbecue sauce. I bought two slabs of ribs, but only cooked one, as i found when i got home that each slab was 5lbs each and still there was half the sauce left. I frankly couldn't have put it all on or it would have run over the pan. Next time i will cook using these instructions, but using a different sauce.
I halved the recipe to feed my boyfriend and I. I didn't have to drain the pan, which I thought was odd. It was easy and perfect for us college kids, who like an occasional nice meal.
Loved the outcome. Easy, Fast and delicious. My guys loved these and I am making them again tonight. The sauce thickened up and was great.
That flavor of the sauce was lacking
More Recipe Collections
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >