Barbecued Steak Strips Recipe
"When our oven broke and I could only use the stove, I got creative with my skillet cooking!" relates Lynnelle Nissen of Beaver Crossing, Nebraska. "That's when I invented this treatment for sirloin steak. It makes a tasty meal with mashed potatoes and green beans."
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain. Combine the barbecue sauce, honey and sugar; pour over meat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened and meat is tender. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Steak Strips in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p12
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Barbecued Steak Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >