Barbecued Spareribs Recipe
My husband is a meat cutter at a supermarket and likes to find new ways to smoke or barbecue meat. Several years ago, he discovered this recipe for pork ribs covered in a rich tangy sauce. It was an instant success with our family and friends. -Bette Brotzel, Billings, Montana
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, place ribs and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover ribs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Arrange ribs on a rack in a broiler pan. Brush with sauce. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing frequently with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 1,024 calories, 64 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 2,141 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 62 g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Spareribs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC