- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven, place ribs and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover ribs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange ribs on a rack in a broiler pan. Brush with sauce. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing frequently with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBarbecued Spareribs
"Love this recipe. My kids won't eat any other ribs. It is a frequent request for birthday dinners."
"I can't even buy BBQ sauce anymore, this stuff is so good and so addicting! Tangy and sweet, sticky and delicious ! Thank you Thank you for this recipe"
"This sauce has become my "go-to" sauce of all time. It is sweet and tangy, smokey and thick. It clings perfectly and grills to perfection. This recipe makes perfect ribs every time. I have used with country style ribs as well. Make them as written and wouldn't change a thing. So many people love it! The sauce is equally as wonderful on grilled chicken!!"
"love it love it love.i make these ribs a lot everyone talks about them they are great"
"I have been making these ribs for close to 10 years and my dad constantly brags about them."
"Just made these tonight - they were DELICIOUS! Cooked exactly like the recipe said. Only wished I had doubled the recipe - no leftovers!"