Barbecued Smoked Sausage And Lima Beans Recipe
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) reduced-fat fully cooked smoked Polish sausage, cut into 3/4 slices
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen baby lima beans
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add sausage; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer or until sausage is lightly browned. Stir in the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, chili powder, ginger, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in lima beans. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Barbecued Smoked Sausage And Lima Beans
Sort By :
My family and I love this recipe! I have made it many times and it never have left overs. Vary the taste with the type of sausage- kielbasa, chicken sausages (I am presently using a chicken apple sausage which works great). This recipe is simple and easy. I also use canned black beans or red kidney beans (my family prefers them) to the limas. Enjoy.
One of our absolute favorites! I only use half the tomatoes, half the spices and half the lima beans.
I did this in a slow cooker and it was good.