Barbecued Sliced Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3 cups sliced cooked pork (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 sandwich buns, split
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first 12 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 524 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,371 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Sliced Pork Sandwiches
"This is easy to make and tastes great. Much better than bottled BBQ sauce."
"I have made this recipe many times & it is one of my family's favorites. I often put it in a crock pot to keep warm for parties."