- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3 cups sliced cooked pork (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 sandwich buns, split
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 12 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Pork Sandwiches in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p44
Reviews for Barbecued Sliced Pork Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2013
"This is easy to make and tastes great. Much better than bottled BBQ sauce."
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2011
"I have made this recipe many times & it is one of my family's favorites. I often put it in a crock pot to keep warm for parties."