- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 medium peaches, each cut into 8 wedges
- 8 green onions (light green and white portion only), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- Lime wedges
- Mix brown sugar and seasonings. Place shrimp, peaches and green onions in a large bowl; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture and toss to coat. On four or eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp, peaches and green onions.
- Lightly spritz both sides of kabobs with cooking spray. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Squeeze lime wedges over kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Barbecued Shrimp & Peach Kabobs
"I omitted the onions - didn't have them.It was still tasty!"
"Very simple to make and I loved the flavor from the peaches!"
"This recipe has the hot/sweet flavors I love and is easy enough for a quick & easy weeknight meal for 2. And healthy to boot! I thawed frozen shrimp in warm water, patted dry, tossed in seasonings and threaded shrimp & peaches on separate skewers to control cooking time."