Barbecued Salmon Recipe
My husband and I got this recipe from a chef in 1982...and we've never served salmon any other way since then! Everyone loves the mild-tasting marinade, and out here in Washington friends are always asking me for the recipe.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 salmon fillets (1 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup soaked wood chips (mesquite, hickory or alder), optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil and Worcestershire sauce. Add salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle salmon with seasoned salt and thyme. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3. Add wood chips to grill according to manufacturer's directions if desired. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 4. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Barbecued Salmon
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC