Barbecued Sage Spareribs Recipe
Folks love to see a huge platter of these tender barbecued ribs arrive at the table. Since the ribs are cooked ahead, they simply need to be browned and reheated on the grill. I love the easy last-minute preparation and magnificent results. Raves begin with the first bite.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1-3/4 hours + marinating Grill: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 pounds country-style pork spareribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons mixed pickling spices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups barbecue sauce
- 1. Place ribs in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add onion, garlic, pickling spices, sage and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- 2. Cool slightly; rinse ribs with water to remove spices. Reserve 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Pour remaining sauce into a large resealable plastic bag. Add ribs; cover and refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved barbecue sauce.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat, turning several times until heated through, about 10 minutes, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC