Barbecued Round Steak Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pound beef top round steak, cut into four pieces
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt if desired and pepper; dredge the meat. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the pan drippings, saute the celery, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Combine the soup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and mustard; stir into the vegetables. Return meat to the pan. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Barbecued Round Steak(9)
Sort By :
Great way to prepare round steak. Tender and flavorful.
This was way better then I expected AND looked exactly like the picture.
Very flavorful and has become a family favorite!
It really didn't make much effort to put this together and is really worth it. This what my son and I always say "a make again one"!
Very good way to cook round steak. My husband who doesn't really like round steak enjoyed this. Plan to make again.