Mention pork spareribs to any Southerner, and barbecue will almost always come to mind. This recipe is a favorite with my family. Who don't you try it and see if it doesn't become one of your family's favorites?
Recommended: Best Barbecued Ribs
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Pour over ribs. Bake 50-60 minutes longer, basting occasionally. Cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Ribs in Country June/July 1992, p49
Reviews for Barbecued Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
"So far the best recipe for ribs I made"
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2010
"they were great. I wonder if this recipe could be made in the crock pot"
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2009
"love the onions very good"