The sweetness of this delicious chicken dish will surprise you. I love to serve it with a simple salad for a complete meal.—Lorraine Cloutier, Legal, Alberta
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried tarragon or 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- Fresh ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup thawed undiluted raspberry juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Fresh raspberries
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, oil and tarragon. Seal or shake until blended. Add chicken; marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grease grill lightly with oil; place chicken on grill about 4 in. from medium-hot heat. Turn and baste frequently with marinade mixture until chicken feels springy to touch, about 15-18 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, whisk together sauce ingredients in saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth, for about 5-7 minutes.
- When chicken is done, place sauce in a pool on warm platter; place chicken on top of sauce. Garnish with a few fresh berries and a sprig of fresh tarragon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Raspberry Chicken in Country Woman July/August 1990, p38
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Barbecued Raspberry Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review