Barbecued Pot Roast Recipe
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Combine salt and pepper; rub over roast. Heat oil in a Dutch oven; brown roast on all sides. Add the tomato sauce, water, onions and garlic. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and simmer for 3-4 hours or until the meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 518 calories, 28 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 1,204 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 46 g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Pot Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.