Barbecued Pot Roast for Two Recipe
In New Oxford, Pennsylvania, Emma Nye relies on her mother's pot roast recipe when company is coming. But when she merely wants to enjoy the savory sensation with her husband, she can turn to this downsized version.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck steak (1 pound and 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Combine salt and pepper; rub over steak. In a Dutch oven, brown steak in oil on both sides. Add the water, tomato sauce, onion and garlic. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the meat. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 433 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 1284mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 46g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Pot Roast for Two
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"Tender and delicious!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC