Barbecued Pot Roast Recipe
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over roast. Heat oil in a Dutch oven; brown roast on all sides. Add the tomato sauce, water, onions and garlic. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and simmer for 3-4 hours or until the meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Barbecued Pot Roast
Sort By :
My husband is not a big meat eater, so I look for recipes that are flavorful. This one hit the mark. I think it could be done in the crock pot.
This doesn't take much effort and is quite tasty.
This was really easy to make and it came out great! I would definitely make this one again. For my own preferences I'd use less tomato sauce as I'm not a fan of tomatoes.
can this be done in a slow-cooker? i am on the go so much and a new cook so i'm not good at adjusting a recipe..it sounds delicious, any suggestions?
Dear Emma, You gave our family another new favorite recipe. My husband made it for supper tonight and we expected to have leftovers for tomorrow, but it's pretty much all gone. Thanks for a great recipe for family and for guests. I don't like too many barbecue sauces but this one is subtly sweet and not too overpowering like so many sauces are. Thumbs up from all of us. Arlene B.