Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
When our office held a bridal shower, we presented the future bride with a collection of our favorite recipes. I included this one. I like serving this savory pork as an alternative to a typical ground beef barbecue.
-Karla Labby, Otsego, Michigan
25 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 boneless Pork Loin roasts (3 pounds each)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 25 hamburger buns, split
- Place roasts in an 8-qt. Dutch oven; add water and salt. Cover and
- cook on medium-low heat for 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads
- Remove roasts; let stand for 10 minutes. Shred with a fork; set
- aside. Skim fat from cooking liquid and discard. Drain, reserving 1
- cup cooking liquid. Add the meat, ketchup, celery, steak sauce,
- brown sugar, vinegar and lemon juice. Cover and cook over medium-low
- heat for 1-1/2 hours. Serve on buns. Yield: 25 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 287 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 737 mg sodium,