Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
"I found this recipe in one of my great-aunt's cookbooks," recalls Melissa Norris of Churubusco, Indiana. "The original recipe called for beef, but I used leftover pork roast I had on hand. My family loves these tangy sandwiches."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3 cups sliced cooked pork (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 sandwich buns, split
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 12 ingredients. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat
- through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 524 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,371 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.