- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 large Anaheim pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 cups cubed cooked pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 tube (11-1/2 ounces) refrigerated corn bread twists
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, celery, peppers and garlic in oil until tender. Add cumin and coriander; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add vinegar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Set aside 1/2 cup broth. Add the chili sauce, brown sugar, chocolate, Worcestershire sauce and remaining broth to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved broth until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pork. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Roll out corn bread dough and cut into strips; twist and place over filling in a lattice design. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Pork Potpie in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p27
Reviews for Barbecued Pork Potpie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 29, 2008
My family wasn't impressed with this potpie, and the recipe is not simple. I won't be making it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >