Barbecued Pork Pie Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the water, butter, salt and pepper to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute green pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Sprinkle with parsley and cornstarch; stir until blended. Stir in the tomato sauce, broth, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the pork. Pour into crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until puffed and golden. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 534 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 265mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Pork Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.