- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a saucepan, bring the water, butter, salt and pepper to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in cheese.
- Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute green pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Sprinkle with parsley and cornstarch; stir until blended. Stir in the tomato sauce, broth, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the pork. Pour into crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until puffed and golden. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Pork Pie in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p186
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Barbecued Pork Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review