Barbecued Pork Hoagies
If you prefer, you can grill the pork on a charcoal or gas grill. Use your favorite brand of barbecue sauce. If you want to spice it up, add a few drops of hot sauce.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 hoagie buns, split
- 1/2 cup deli coleslaw
- 2 thin sandwich pickle slices
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of tenderloin to within 1/2 in.
- of bottom. Open meat so it lies flat. Place on a rack coated with
- cooking spray in a broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush
- with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Turn pork; brush with 1 tablespoon
- barbecue sauce. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until a thermometer
- reads 160°.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Spread remaining barbecue sauce over cut
- side of bun bottoms;layer with pork, coleslaw and pickles. Replace
- bun tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 454 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,404 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.