Barbecued Pork Hoagies Recipe
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 hoagie buns, split
- 1/2 cup deli coleslaw
- 2 thin sandwich pickle slices
- 1. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open meat so it lies flat. Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Turn pork; brush with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Spread remaining barbecue sauce over cut side of bun bottoms;layer with pork, coleslaw and pickles. Replace bun tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 454 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1404mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Barbecued Pork Hoagies
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.