- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 hoagie buns, split
- 1/2 cup deli coleslaw
- 2 thin sandwich pickle slices
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open meat so it lies flat. Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Turn pork; brush with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Spread remaining barbecue sauce over cut side of bun bottoms;layer with pork, coleslaw and pickles. Replace bun tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Pork Hoagies in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p56
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Barbecued Pork Hoagies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >