Barbecued Pork Chops
The best compliment a cook can receive is to be asked for the recipe of a dish she's just served. That's happened almost every time I've made these pork chops for friends. The sauce gives them a great barbecue flavor.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 6 pork chops (1 to 1-1/2 inches thick)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar and
- molasses; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour into a shallow glass container or large resealable plastic bag;
- add pork chops and turn to coat. Cover or seal and refrigerate for 8
- hours or overnight. Drain, discarding marinade; place chops in a
- shallow ungreased baking pan. Cover and bake at 375° for 30
- minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring
- to a boil, stirring until smooth. Brush over both sides of the
- chops. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until pork is no longer
- pink and glaze is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as