Barbecued Pork Chops with Rosemary Lemon Marinade Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk garlic, lemon juice, peel, oil, rosemary, basil and pepper. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain marinade; brush the remaining marinade on the chops while cooking. Grill chops over medium heat about 4-5 minutes per side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 protein; also, 171 calories, 43 mg sodium, 99 mg cholesterol, 3 gm carbohydrate, 17 gm protein, 10 gm fat.
Reviews for Barbecued Pork Chops with Rosemary Lemon Marinade
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.