- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 6 pork chops (1 to 1-1/2 inches thick)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar and molasses; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Pour into a shallow glass container or large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops and turn to coat. Cover or seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain, discarding marinade; place chops in a shallow ungreased baking pan. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring until smooth. Brush over both sides of the chops. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until pork is no longer pink and glaze is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Pork Chops in Country April/May 1998, p51
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Barbecued Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2015
"Excellent pork chops!"