Barbecued Pork and Potatoes Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, red pepper and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the next 13 ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Set aside 2 cups for basting. Refrigerate remaining sauce for another use.
- 2. Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until partially cooked. Drain and set aside.
- 3. Cut each tenderloin lengthwise into eight strips. Thread pork and potatoes on 10-in. metal or soaked wooden skewers, weaving pork around potatoes. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. Baste with barbecue sauce. Continue turning and basting 10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear and potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings (5 cups sauce).
1 each: 410 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1045mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Pork and Potatoes
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.