Barbecued Picnic Chicken Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), quartered
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the next eight ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste with sauce. Grill 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°, basting and turning several times. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Barbecued Picnic Chicken(3)
Sort By :
This is one of the best BBQ chicken sauces that I have tried. Definitely a keeper!
Priscilla, This is a wonderful recipe. I would not tweak or change one single thing in it. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it and this Friday 6 of our friends will sample this lovely recipe as well. I grilled my split oven roaster on the grill for about 25 minutes. Flipping sides after about 13 minutes . Then I hit it with some of the sauce and finished it up in the oven. I also reserved a small amount of the sauce to serve on the side if desired. It is a winning Keeper *Janie
This is a wonderful sauce. I prefer to precook the chicken for a little while so I'm sure it gets done; and takes less time on the grill.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >