- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, butter, garlic powder and cayenne. Add peanuts; stir until evenly coated. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread on waxed paper; cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Barbecued Peanuts
Sort By :
"I just made these with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and they are fantastic. I have to make more of these this weekend since we ate the entire first batch in 2 days."
"Well all the BBQ sauce came off and they burned. The few that were edible had little flavor. Very disappointed!"
"Easily overcooked in that last 5-10 min window. Gives them a burnt flavor. If cooked just the right amount they are full of flavor and the variations on this recipe for different flavors is endless. My kids ate them by the handfulls."
"These peanuts, after all the mixing and baking and stirring, had no taste! They tasted like...dry roasted peanuts. Very disappointing."
"These are addictive!!!! Gotta have these when we go camping. Love them!!!!!"