Barbecued Peanuts Recipe
These zippy peanuts are great for football parties, as after-school snacks or movie nights. “I like to prepare them at the holidays to give as presents,” says Abbey Boyle of Tampa, Florida.
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, butter, garlic powder and cayenne. Add peanuts; stir until evenly coated. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread on waxed paper; cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 366 calories, 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 575 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC