Barbecued Party Starters
These sweet and tangy bites are sure to tide everyone over before dinner. At the buffet, set out some fun toothpicks to make for easy nibbling. —Anastasia Weiss, Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
18 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 2-1/4 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature hot dogs, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a small bowl, combine beef and onion. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until no longer pink;
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add the hot dogs, preserves and
- barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated
- through. Stir in pineapple; cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer or
- until heated through. Yield: 18 servings (1/3 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 191 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.