Barbecued Party Starters Recipe
These sweet and tangy bites are sure to tide everyone over before dinner. At the buffet, set out some fun toothpicks to make for easy nibbling. —Anastasia Weiss, Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature hot dogs, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine beef and onion, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook meatballs in two batches until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add hot dogs; stir in preserves and barbecue sauce. Cook, covered, on high 2-3 hours or until heated through.
- 3. Stir in pineapple; cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings (1/3 cup each).
Reviews for Barbecued Party Starters
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC