Barbecued Party Starters
These sweet and tangy bites are sure to tide everyone over before dinner. At the buffet, set out some fun toothpicks to make for easy nibbling. —Anastasia Weiss, Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 2-1/4 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature hot dogs, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, combine beef and onion, mixing lightly but
- thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet over medium
- heat, cook meatballs in two batches until cooked through, turning
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add
- hot dogs; stir in preserves and barbecue sauce. Cook, covered, on
- high 2-3 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in pineapple; cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until
- heated through. Yield: 16 servings (1/3 cup each).
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.