These sweet and tangy bites are sure to tide everyone over before dinner. At the buffet, set out some fun toothpicks to make for easy nibbling. —Anastasia Weiss, Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature hot dogs, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, combine beef and onion, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook meatballs in two batches until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add hot dogs; stir in preserves and barbecue sauce. Cook, covered, on high 2-3 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in pineapple; cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings (1/3 cup each).
Originally published as Barbecued Party Starters in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Barbecued Party Starters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review