- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature hot dogs, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, combine beef and onion, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook meatballs in two batches until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add hot dogs; stir in preserves and barbecue sauce. Cook, covered, on high 2-3 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in pineapple; cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings (1/3 cup each).
Originally published as Barbecued Party Starters in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Barbecued Party Starters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2012
I havent made this yet, but you are from my home town. I think that is awesome I found this on New Years Eve. It has everything in it we love. Thanks.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >
- New Year's Appetizers >