Barbecued Onion Meat Loaves Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, stuffing and onion soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into five loaves; arrange around the edge of a microwave-safe dish.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Top with the remaining barbecue sauce. If desired, sprinkle with minced parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Onion Meat Loaves
"Wow, very tasty. I used crushed ritz. I have toped with barbecue sauce and baked in the oven, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes."
"i meant to say we used the crushed crackers instead of the crushed stuffing..."
"we used crushed ritz butter crackers and baked it, it was awesome!!"
"Great quick meatloaf recipe. I chose to bake these at 350º for 35 minutes in a regular oven and they were perfect. Also, extra lean ground beef worked well to reduce the fat content a little. Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce was delicious, but using your own favorite BBQ sauce will probably most satisfying. Also, I used 2 tablespoons of the onion soup mix and next time I will add a 1/2 cup of diced onion. We love that onion flavor!"
"I love this recipe but I do not cook with a microwave. I think it turned out much better baked."