Barbecued Onion Meat Loaves Recipe
Moist Barbecued Onion Meat Loaves get plenty of flavor from barbecue sauce and dry onion soup mix. "This recipe is also handy during the summer when I don't want to turn on the oven," Nicole explains.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, stuffing and onion soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into five loaves; arrange around the edge of a microwave-safe dish.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Top with the remaining barbecue sauce. If desired, sprinkle with minced parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC