- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, stuffing and onion soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into five loaves; arrange around the edge of a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Top with the remaining barbecue sauce. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Barbecued Onion Meat Loaves
Sort By :
Wow, very tasty. I used crushed ritz. I have toped with barbecue sauce and baked in the oven, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
i meant to say we used the crushed crackers instead of the crushed stuffing...
we used crushed ritz butter crackers and baked it, it was awesome!!
Great quick meatloaf recipe. I chose to bake these at 350Âº for 35 minutes in a regular oven and they were perfect. Also, extra lean ground beef worked well to reduce the fat content a little. Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce was delicious, but using your own favorite BBQ sauce will probably most satisfying. Also, I used 2 tablespoons of the onion soup mix and next time I will add a 1/2 cup of diced onion. We love that onion flavor!
I love this recipe but I do not cook with a microwave. I think it turned out much better baked.