Moist Barbecued Onion Meat Loaves get plenty of flavor from barbecue sauce and dry onion soup mix. "This recipe is also handy during the summer when I don't want to turn on the oven," Nicole explains.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, stuffing and onion soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into five loaves; arrange around the edge of a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Top with the remaining barbecue sauce. If desired, sprinkle with minced parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Onion Meat Loaves in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p20
Reviews for Barbecued Onion Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review