Barbecued Olive Bread Recipe
"We cook on the grill all year long, so this zesty olive-topped bread accompanies everything from pork to beef to chicken," notes Patricia Gasper of Peoria, Illinois. "It also makes a tempting appetizer."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a bowl, combine the olives, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, butter, oil, garlic and pepper sauce; set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and parsley just until moistened. Press into two greased 9-in. disposable aluminum pie pans. Top with olive mixture; sprinkle with paprika and remaining Parmesan.
- 3. Grill bread, covered, over indirect heat for 8-10 minutes or until bottom crust is golden brown when edge of bread is lifted with a spatula. Yield: 2 loaves (6-8 servings each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 154 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC