- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and carrot; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add the wine, salt and pepper; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, brushing occasionally with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and remaining barbecue sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Barbecued Mushroom-Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
"I have made these several times now. The whole family loves them. The wine and vegetables give these burgers a sophisticated flavor. I usually mix this up and shape the patties the night before to cut down on dinner prep the day I cook them."
"These were really good."
"This is the second time I've made these burgers. They are fantastic. The 1st time I used chicken broth. The 2nd time I used a merlot wine."
"We make ours without the mushrooms and bbq sauce. We let them sit for more than an hour just to marinate them a little longer. They are yummy and my kids love them."
"We do not use a barbecue so i think i will follow this recipe & cook them in my George.Vera"