Barbecued Meatballs Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jar (10 ounces) grape jelly
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet; brown meatballs in oil on all sides.
- 2. Remove meatballs and drain. In the same skillet, combine chili sauce and jelly; cook and stir over medium heat until jelly has melted. Return meatballs to pan; heat through. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Barbecued Meatballs
"Great flavor and a great game time snack. I made as written except I kept them warm in a crockpot after browning and the sauce was complete."
"I have made this recipe for an annual dinner our cemetery association supports. I doubled the ingredients, browning the meatballs in a large skillet, then putting them in a roaster/oven after they are browned. Then mix and heat up the jelly and chili sauce in the skillet as directed and pour the hot mixture over the meatballs. The roaster oven keeps them nice and warm for the dinner and there were no leftovers."
"These are always good. The meatballs are excellent.....I usually bake them at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, make the sauce in a large saucepan and add the meatballs to simmer. Yummy!!!"
"This is the only sauce I use for meat balls!! Small round ones for partis with fancy tooth picks on the side. Or med size ones for main course served over white rice!! The best.."