This is always a hit with guests— and with me, too, because it's simple and can be assembled ahead of time.—Mrs. Melvin Schnuelle, Manitowac, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jar (10 ounces) grape jelly
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet; brown meatballs in oil on all sides.
- Remove meatballs and drain. In the same skillet, combine chili sauce and jelly; cook and stir over medium heat until jelly has melted. Return meatballs to pan; heat through. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Barbecued Meatballs in Country Ground Beef 1993, p7
Reviews for Barbecued Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review