Barbecued Lamb Chops
At Eastertime and for other holidays, I often get requests for these lamb chops. The moist and tender chops aren't difficult to make, but they taste special. Even people who don't care for lamb like it prepared this way.—Chris Nash, Berthoud, Colorado
9 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 to 3 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 18 lamb rib chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, garlic and
- seasonings; add lamb chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate
- overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill the chops, uncovered, over medium
- heat for 5-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (160° for medium-well, 170° for well-done). Yield:
- 9 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.