Barbecued Hot Wings Recipe
"My husband can't get enough of these spicy chicken wings," notes Anita Carr of Cadiz, Ohio. "They're excellent appetizers at cookouts. We serve them with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks."
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips.
- 2. In a bowl, combine salad dressing, pepper sauce and cayenne. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Place remaining sauce in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Discard marinade. Grill wings, covered, over medium heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally. Add butter to the reserved sauce; brush over wings.
- 4. Grill, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC