Barbecued Hot Wings Recipe
"My husband can't get enough of these spicy chicken wings," notes Anita Carr of Cadiz, Ohio. "They're excellent appetizers at cookouts. We serve them with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks."
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips.
- In a bowl, combine salad dressing, pepper sauce and cayenne. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Place remaining sauce in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard marinade. Grill wings, covered, over medium heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally. Add butter to the reserved sauce; brush over wings.
- Grill, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Hot Wings in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Barbecued Hot Wings(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Buffalo Wings >
- Buffalo Wings Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Wings >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Wings >
- Hot Wings Recipes >