Barbecued Hot Dogs Recipe
I grew up in a family of eight kids, and we never complained if Mom made these terrific hot dogs often for birthday parties and other family gatherings. You'll find that kids and grown-ups devour these...good thing they're easy to make. -Joyce Koehler, Watertown, Wisconsin
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 packages (1 pound each) hot dogs
- 20 hot dog buns, split
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in butter until tender. Add celery, ketchup, water, lemon juice, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Cut three 1/4-in. deep slit on each side of the hot dogs; place in a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour the sauce over the hot dogs. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Hot Dogs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC